Being a lover of Italian foods, I came across a recipe for Pasta Fagioli Soup and decided to give it a try! With that being said, the original recipe is by no means plant-based, so I had to modify some of the ingredients. If you are looking for a delicious and flavorful dinner, I recommend trying this soup. I will be posting, both my version of the recipe and the link to the original recipe, which will be located at the bottom of the page. Here’s to good food!
Pasta Fagioli Soup Vegan Style
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. ground Light Life Gimme Lean Plant-Based Sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, NOT drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1 ½ cups Ditalini pasta (about 7 ounces)
- 1tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parma! Vegan Parmesan for garnish purposes
Step One: In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the plant-based sausage. Cook until no longer pink, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat (about 5-7 minutes). Use a slotted spoon to remove the sausage and place it on a plate.
Step Two: Add the onion, celery, and carrot to the remaining “fat” in the pot. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender (about 7-8 minutes). Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Step Three: Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder; add beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, parsley and rosemary. Bring to a boil, then stir in the pasta. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking for about 10-11 more minutes (or until the pasta is tender). Stir the pasta regularly as it’s cooking so that it doesn’t stick to the pot.
Step Four: Stir in the cooked vegan sausage, and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary. Ladle into bowls and garnish with additional herbs and freshly grated plant-based Parmesan.
Vegan Recipe Credit: http://www.cookingfromtheheart.blog
Original Recipe Credit: http://www.theseasonedmom.com
Original Reciple Link: https://www.theseasonedmom.com/pasta-fagioli-soup