With my new diet in progress, I realized I needed a good risotto recipe. Growing up, my grandmother made risotto frequently and it has always remained one of my favorite meals. Having searched through various social media platforms, specifically for cooking, I found a recipe that really, ” hit the jackpot” per say. This recipe is super simple and packed with all of the right flavors expected in a delicious risotto. For my non-plant-based followers, I have you covered as well! Check out the link listed at the bottom of the page for a risotto I know you will love! Wishing you all a very tasty dinner!
Creamy Mushroom Risotto (Vegan + GF)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, or 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 100 g risotto rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar, (Optional)*
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes, (Optional)**
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the shallot and garlic and cook on a medium-low heat until softened.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further minute.
3. Stir in the risotto rice and immediately pour in the stock and vinegar (if using). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Add more hot water, if necessary.
4. Once cooked, stir in the nutritional yeast (if using), stir in a handful of chopped fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve and Enjoy!
Recipe Credit: http://www.wallflowerkitchen.com
Original Recipe Link: https://wallflowerkitchen.com/creamy-mushroom-risotto-vegan-gf/
Non-Plant-Based Recipe Link: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17323/mushroom-risotto/